Send us a message
My name is Jen Scanlan and I am the principal of Heights Proofreading. As a secondary teacher with 38 years continuous experience in teaching English, Visual Arts, History, Geography, and other subjects, I am well aware of the importance of editing and appearance. I understand the significance of your document, large or small. Errors cost marks, cost money and cause embarrassment. My substantial experience of editing documents and submissions for the education sector combines with my experience editing a wide variety of genres. I have edited for published authors of short stories, poetry anthologies, and newspaper articles. In 2019 I completed my studies in Editing and Proofreading with the University of Newcastle.
Terms and Condtions
Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement
PLEASE NOTE: IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE ON OUR SITE YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER AND BE AN AUSTRALIAN RESIDENT.
1. Acceptance of Agreement. You agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Terms and Conditions of use Agreement (Hereinafter refered to as the "Agreement") with respect to our site heightsproofreading.com.au (Hereinafter refered to as the "Site"). This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the Site, the content, products or services provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended by us at any time and from time to time without specific notice to you. The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and you should review this Agreement prior to using the Site.
2. Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, registered trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 4, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
3. Fraud. By becoming a member, you confirm that the information provided in this form is true and that you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of use of this site. Please note that your membership can be cancelled without notice if it is determined that false or misleading information has been provided, the Terms and Conditions of use have been violated, or other abuses have occurred as determined by Heights Proofreading in its sole discretion. If membership has been revoked, Heights Proofreading reserves the right to refuse application or readmission to the membership program.
4. Limited Right to Use. The viewing, printing or downloading of any content, graphic, form or document from the Site grants you only a limited, nonexclusive license for use solely by you for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use (but not for resale or redistribution).
5. Editing, Deleting and Modification. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site, including this Agreement, without further notice to users of the Site.
6. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, attorneys, staff and affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Parties") harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
7. Nontransferable. Your right to use the Site is not transferable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable and may only be used by you.
8. Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
9. Limits. All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic file containing the form or document is disclaimed. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SITE. Our maximum liability to you under all circumstances will be equal to the purchase price you pay for any goods, services or information.
11. Third-Party Services. We allow access to or advertise third-party merchant sites ("Merchants") from which you may purchase or otherwise obtain certain goods or services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Merchants. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF SUCH MERCHANTS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE.
12. Third-Party Merchant Policies. All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to you while on such sites. We are not responsible for information provided by you to Merchants. We and the Merchants are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
14. Payments. You represent and warrant that if you are purchasing something from us or from our Merchants that (i) any credit card information you supply is true, correct and complete, (i) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iii) you will pay the charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including any shipping fees and applicable taxes.
15. Securities Laws. This Site may include statements concerning our operations, prospects, strategies, financial condition, future economic performance and demand for our products or services, as well as our intentions, plans and objectives, that are forward-looking statements. These statements are based upon a number of assumptions and estimates which are subject to significant uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. When used on our Site, words like "anticipates," "expects," "believes," "estimates," "seeks," "plans," "intends" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements designed to fall within securities law safe harbors for forward-looking statements. The Site and the information contained herein does not constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer for sale of any securities. None of the information contained herein is intended to be, and shall not be deemed to be, incorporated into any of our securities-related filings or documents.
16. Links to Other Web Sites. The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
17. Submissions. All suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts and other information you may from time to time send to us (collectively, "Submissions") shall be deemed and shall remain our sole property and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part. Without limiting the foregoing, we shall be deemed to own all known and hereafter existing rights of every kind and nature regarding the Submissions and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
18. Return Policy. Any claims for refund or returns of products purchased from the Site require a Return Authorisation number prior to returning the item. The customer is responsible for return postage and in some cases there may be a restocking fee of up to 10%.
19. Venue; Applicable Law. YOU AGREE THAT ALL ACTIONS OR PROCEEDINGS ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SAMPLES OR PRODUCTS OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH SUCH USE, SHALL BE LITIGATED IN A COURT OF NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA. YOU ARE EXPRESSLY SUBMITTING AND CONSENTING IN ADVANCE TO SUCH JURISDICTION IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING IN ANY OF SUCH COURTS, AND ARE WAIVING ANY CLAIM THAT NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA IS AN INCONVENIENT FORUM OR AN IMPROPER FORUM BASED ON LACK OF VENUE. This site is created and controlled by Heights Proofreading in the State of New South Wales, AUSTRALIA. As such, the laws of New South Wales will govern the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and elsewhere throughout the Site, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
20. Lapsed Accounts. In order to keep heightsproofreading.com.au membership roster current, if a Member does not access his or her account for a period of 365 days or more, Heights Proofreading may, in its sole discretion, terminate such Member's account. Heights Proofreading will endeavor to notify a Member of intent to terminate such Member's account by notice to such Member's provided email address at least 30 days prior to deactivation. If the Member fails to respond to such email notice within 30 days after the day it is sent by Heights Proofreading, such Member's account will be terminated as noted above. Therefore, Heights Proofreading strongly recommends that all Members keep their accounts and contact data current and in use. While Heights Proofreading desires to prevent active accounts from being terminated prematurely, Heights Proofreading has no obligation to maintain accounts that appear to Heights Proofreading to have been abandoned. Each Member agrees that failure to access his or her account for 365 days or more conclusively indicates that such Member's account has been abandoned and that the account may therefore be terminated.
21. Verify Members' Address. Heights Proofreading reserves the right to contact a Member via email to verify the accuracy of account information (including the Member's correct name and address) that is needed to provide the Member with the information he or she requested from Heights Proofreading.
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, Heights Proofreading provides this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.The Information Heights Proofreading Collects
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the heightsproofreading.com.au web site.
Your IP address may be logged. IP addresses may be used in fraud prevention and/or to prosecute perpetrators of fraud or other abuses.
On some pages, you may order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The information collected for these sections is strictly confidential and only shared with shippers, payment processors and/or selected partners as needed in order to fulfill the services you have selected to engage with us. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Your Name
- Billing and Shipping Address(es)
- Email address
- Phone number
If a credit card number is collected it is only securely transmitted to a 3rd-party payment gateway (ie Paypal) and your credit card number is never stored on our servers.
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's address. The information collected for these sections is strictly confidential and only shared with shippers as needed. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
- Recipient's Name
- Recipient's Address
- Phone Number
Heights Proofreading the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Heights Proofreading uses the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Heights Proofreading uses return email addresses to answer email Heights Proofreading receives. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties except to facilitate this exchange of email.
Heights Proofreading may use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design the heightsproofreading.com.au web site and to share with advertisers. For example, Heights Proofreading may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our heightsproofreading.com.au web site, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but Heights Proofreading would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, Heights Proofreading never uses or shares the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
There are some
additional third-party services used for monitoring and improving
services provided by heightsproofreading.com.au including but not limited to
tools like Google Analytics (cookies prefixed by __utm) for statistical
and performance monitoring and site tuning, Twitter (including
_twitter_sess, guest_id, pid, external_referer, js, original_referer)
for providing information on our site from twitter feeds, Facebook
(including xs, locale, s, lu, datr, c_user) for enabling display of
Facebook content within our site, and YouTube (including use_hitbox,
recently_watched_video_id_list, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, PREF, ACTIVITY) for
enabling display of video content within our site. These third-party
services are used only to enhance our site, and the cookies they use are
controlled by them.
The Heights Proofreading Commitment To Data Security
You can access all your personally identifiable information that heightsproofreading.com.au collects online and maintains by logging in and clicking on 'My Account' in the menu. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please Contact.